21 Nov Solace For Lady Fatima (s.a.)
Solace For Lady Fatima (s.a.)
The martyrdom of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s) marked the beginning of the oppression and atrocities on his family.
It began with the usurpation of caliphate. This was followed by the snatching away of Fadak of Lady Fatima (s.a.) and declaring it as a property of the Muslim Ummah. When Lady Fatima (s.a.) questioned this decision she was told to bring witnesses to testify her claim !! The Lady for whom the Holy Quran testifies her infallibility.
Fearing that Ameerul Momineen, Imam Ali (a.s.) would not accept their wrongful acquired caliphate, they reached his house to demand allegiance from him. Thereafter, the tragic incident of the burning of the house of Lady Fatima (s.a.) took place which led to the martyrdom of her unborn child, Janabe Mohsin (a.s.).
The days after the passing away of Prophet (s.a.w.s.) were filled with anguish and sorrow for Lady Fatima (s.a.). These events were already prophesied by Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s) as can be understood from following tradition.
Ali Ibn Bilal has narrated from his father:
“I was in the presence of the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) during the last moments of his life. Janabe Fatema Zahra (s.a.) was at his side. She (a.s.) was crying incessantly. At the sound of her weeping, the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.a.) raised his head and said:
‘O my beloved Fatema (s.a.)! Why do you cry so?’
She said: ‘What will happen after you? How maliciously will our rights be trampled?’
He (s.a.w.a.) said: ‘O my beloved! Don’t you know that when Allah cast His eyes on the earth He chose your father and appointed him as a messenger? Then He glanced towards the earth again and chose your husband and revealed upon me to marry you to him. O Fatema! Allah has bestowed us Ahle Bait with seven characteristics which He has not given to anyone before us or after us.
- I am the last of the Prophets and superior to all the Prophets and the entire universe has been created (for my sake); and your father is the most beloved of Allah
- My successor is the best of successors and most beloved of Allah; and he is your husband
- Our martyrs are the best of martyrs and most beloved near Allah. And he is Hamza Ibn Abdil Muttalib – who is the uncle of your father and your husband.
- My cousin is the one who flies with two wings along with the angels in the heaven. He is the cousin of your father and also your husband’s brother.
- (5&6) The grand-children of this nation are your children – Hasan (a.s.) and Husain (a.s.) and both are chiefs of the youth of paradise. I swear by Allah who made me a Messenger, their parents are superior to them.
- O Fatema! I swear by the One who made me a Messenger with truth that Mahdi of this nation (a.t.f.s.) is from their progeny. When the world will be in chaos, anarchism apparent, paths will be broken, people revolting against each other, elders will be not be showing mercy on the young ones, young ones will not be respecting their elders; at that time Allah will manifest him from their progeny. He will destroy the citadels of deviation and misguidance and overwhelm the polytheists.
(Kashf al-Ghummah, v. 3, p. 267; Behaarul Anwaar, v. 51, p. 79)
If we ponder over the above tradition, we understand that Prophet (s.a.w.s) comforted her daughter by reminding about Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s.).
Hence it becomes necessary for us that in these days of grief on the Ahle-Bait (a.s.), we should pray for the early re-appearance of Imam Mahdi (a.t.f.s) so that it will be a cause for the solace for the heart of Lady Fatima (s.a.).
May Allah hasten the re-appearance of His Promised Mahdi (a.t.f.s.).